How to Rent a Private Jet – For Beginners
Are you trying to figure out how to charter a jet for your next business trip? There are lots of considerations that go into answering this question. There are more options when learning how to rent a private jet than you might think. There are a lot of differences between jets, and many companies that charter offer over eighty choices covering eight categories of jets that are made available. So how do you go about choosing the right charter jet, and find one with good private jet prices? Chartering a private jet can be expensive, so why consider it in the first place? First, there is more to chartering a private jet than just getting from point A to point B. If that is all you needed, you would probably not be considering this. You may want to cause an impression, or just love living in the lap of luxury. Whatever your reason is, you want to look beyond just the jet itself, and view the amenities and features that are offered as well.
You can find companies with varying private jet prices that have creative and desirable amenities. Some have offered exclusive access and private musical performances, VIP access to the hospitality areas during highly sought after sporting events or elite status with car rental companies. Consider what you are looking for, what you want out of the experience, and the reasons you are chartering the jet in the first place to help you decide what type of jet and what jet company will specifically suit your needs.
What types of private jets are available for charter?
The categories of jets that you can rent are numerous. And even more types of jets within those categories. As mentioned above, there are various classes of private jet. Generally, they are arranged according to size. Some of these categories include:
- Very light jets – These jets have the lowest private jet prices. These have been used for air taxi services, as well as other charter options. Example jets of the very light jet category include – the Eclipse 500, the Cirrus SF 50, and the Citation Mustang.
- Light jets – These are the main types of jets that are utilized in business context since the 1960s. These provide access to small airports, and are quite speedy. Examples of jets in the light jets class include – the Beechcraft Premier, the Cessna Citation Jet, and the Cessna Citation II.
- Mid-size jets – When you need longer range travel, like transcontinental flights, or are intending to carry more passengers, this is the category to look at. Examples of mid-size jets include – the Citation Excel, the Hawker 800, and the Learjet 45.
- Super mid-size jets – These are the beginning of true luxury. They feature wide body cabin space, high-altitude capability, speed and the option for long range trips. Examples of the super mid-size jet class include – the Challenger 300, the Citation Sovereign, and the Falcon 50.
- Large jets – These provide all of the capability of the super mid-size class jets, but will carry even more passengers. These are the jets that will impress. Examples of the large jet category include – the Challenger 600, the Falcon 2000, and the Gulfstream 450.
- VIP airliners – This category is the ultimate charter jet airliners. Previously used as fully functioning airliners, these jets were converted to business jets generally used for sports teams or VIPs with a large entourage or press corps. Examples of VIP airliners include – the Airbus Corporate Jets, the Boeing Business Jets, and Embraer Lineage 1000.
Within each of these categories, you can determine what your needs are to figure out how to rent a private jet that is right for you.
Here are some tips to think about when you are determining how to rent a private jet:
– Ask a friend who is a regular private jet user
– Find a good charter broker
– Determine who owns and operates the jet you are considering chartering
– If you will be chartering regularly, try various types and categories of jets to feel what will work best for you
When you take all of these options into consideration, and the private jet pricing involved, you should be able to determine the right private jet for your situation.